I'm a Creative Technologist. I specialize in user experience and interface design, built on a foundation of programming and technical integration.
I have a formal education in media arts and video production, interactive multimedia, marketing, and electronics integration systems. I've taught post-secondary web design courses, sat on and chaired college web design committees, won some awards, judged interactive design competitions, and I've given speeches to industry professionals on a variety of design- and technology-related topics.
In my spare time I enjoy motorcycles, skiing, cycling, and home renovation projects. I'm an enthusiast when it comes to home theatre, speaker design, automation, and audio/visual electronics. I'm an amateur storm chaser and I'm exhilarated by dangerous weather. I love the beach, and I love spending time at the cottage with family and friends.
Some career highlights
- Creative Director and Lead Programmer on the first mobile-responsive website for the Parliament of Canada: Youth Connection.
- Creative Director and Lead Developer on a mobile, interactive trailer for Parks Canada. The branded trailer was towed to educational events throughout Ontario, in efforts to increase awareness about species at risk of extinction along the Trent-Severn Waterway. Technologies included a short-throw projector, 80" screen, surround sound, a touchscreen interface, and interactive games for children, all powered by a diesel generator.
- Lead Programmer on the first interactive museum project in Canada - for the Canadian Marine Discovery Centre - including programming of multiple display systems, Alcorn McBride Video Controllers, RS-232 communication, and DMX Lighting controllers.
- Lead Developer on the Mazda All Line CD-ROM, serving up thousands of pages including content being pulled dynamically from the web, through a custom-built content management system (CMS). The CD-ROM was an integral part of Mazda Canada's accessories marketing strategy - discs were given out with every car purchase, circulated at national auto shows, and used by dealerships on a daily basis, all across Canada.
- Lead Developer on a platform-agnostic online video delivery system (Media Express) which received huge industry praise, and whose first client was Sony BMG Music Entertainment using it to approve Have a Little Faith in Me by Mandy Moore... from halfway around world!